All members of UCU University of Leeds Branch are invited to attend an Extraordinary General Meeting:
Wednesday 10 July 12 noon – 1pm
Michael Sadler seminar room LG.15
The meeting will discuss a number of issues that the branch needs to take a position on or plan for before next semester:
- USS pensions dispute
- Pay and Equality dispute
- Head of School appointments
- Misuse of lecture capture by the university
- UniForum (another round of collecting benchmarking data on “the efficiency and effectiveness of administration and support services”)
- Discussion boards for in-course feedback
- Centralisation of admissions
A full agenda will be circulated soon including motions submitted by members on these issues. The deadline for submitting motions (by email to email@example.com) is noon on Tuesday 2 July. If you want to submit a motion, perhaps with other colleagues, you can discuss it with any branch committee members beforehand if that would be helpful.
All members are very welcome to the meeting. We hope to see lots of you there!
(To new members: General Meetings are for all UCU members at the university. They are where we make decisions as a local union, so are fundamental to our democracy. They are hopefully also useful for finding out what’s going on across the university and in our union more widely!)