1. Next steps on Statutes, including discussion of academic censure and boycott.
1.1. Motion on the continuance of our dispute with the university (link)
2. Motion: adoption of modified UCU model local rules (link)
3. Motion: donation to UCU University of Manchester branch fighting fund
This local association agrees to donate £200 to the UCU University of Manchester who are striking over job cuts.
Proposed by the committee
4. Election of UCU congress representatives
Please submit nominations to the branch administrator by 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
5. Motions to (1) the Higher Education Special Sector Conference to determine national UCU industrial strategy and (2) the decision-making conference of pre-92 branches to determine a response to proposals in respect to USS.
These conferences have been convened by UCU at short notice so we won’t be able to give the usual deadlines for submitting and circulating motions. Please submit motions by 24 hours before the general meeting so that we can print copies; you can submit motions up to the start of the general meeting but you will need to bring sufficient copies for members at the meeting. Two motions have already been submitted by the committee for discussion at the general meeting these are:
5.1. Motions to the Higher Education Special Sector Conference to determine national UCU industrial strategy
5.1.1. Motion: Campaigning alongside other disputes and campaigns (link)
5.2. Motions to the decision-making conference of pre-92 branches to determine a response to proposals in respect to USS.
5.2.1. Motion: Challenging the terms of debate (link)