The TUC (Trade Union Congress) in Yorkshire and Humber has contacted trade union branches in the region looking for young (35 or under) members interested in a visit to Brussels to learn about the international role of trade unions. See message below, and please email email@example.com if you’d like an expression of interest form:
The TUC is pleased to be offering a ‘European trade unionism – Brussels study visit’ for young members from our affiliated unions, taking place between 4-6th September 2018. The application form is attached.
The focus on the visit will be: discovering trade unions’ international role, monitoring the status of working rights, learning about cross border collective bargaining, solidarity & making connections.
The draft programme includes:
- Meetings with ETUC, ITUC, UNI Europa, IndustriALL and other European trade union partners
- A tour around the European Parliament and the opportunity to meet Labour as well as Socialist & Democrat MEPs to discuss Brexit & working rights in Europe
- Meeting the GMB and/or NUJ Brussels branches, as well as the Labour assistants working in the European Parliament
- Meeting the TUC international officer
- An opportunity for a structured study session on European Trade Union issues delivered by the Foundation for European Progressive Studies
This is a partially sponsored visit courtesy of Richard Corbett MEP & Linda McAvan MEP, however, any applicants will need to secure a guarantee of sponsorship from their region or branch of approximately £200-£300 (possibly less) to cover additional costs. We would appreciate your support in this.
If you could send this (with attached application form) to any members you think appropriate, or circulate it around your networks, that would be greatly appreciated. Deadline for applications is Wednesday 4 July.
If you or any applicant have questions, please feel free to contact me.
Policy & Campaigns Officer
Trades Union Congress (TUC)
in Yorkshire & the Humber