This emergency motion was agreed by the branch at a general meeting 25 November 2021
- Leeds University UCU notes that:
- UCU branches which passed the threshold have a mandate for all the elements of ASOS listed on the ballot paper.
- UCU notifications of action to employers cite only work-to-contract and refusal of voluntary duties.
- UCEA has advised institutions that refusing to reschedule classes or cover for absent colleagues are not covered by the notification.
- Leeds University UCU believes that:
- No HEC (Higher Education Committee) decision dictated the content of the notifications.
- This situation potentially undermines our industrial action.
- Leeds University UCU calls on the General Secretary and HEC officers to immediately rectify the situation by issuing corrected notifications of action to the employers.
Proposed by Lesley McGorrigan. Moved by Lesley McGorrigan, seconded by Jonathan Hume. Motion carried.
This page was last updated on 31 March 2022